Acting New York State Fair Director Troy Waffner has announced rock band Daughtry, fronted by singer and former American Idol finalist Chris Daughtry, will perform as one of the final shows of the 2016 Chevy Court concert season when the group takes the stage Sunday, Sept. 4.
Amsterdam-born R&B singer Natalie La Rose, who is currently touring with Flo Rida, will also perform Sept. 1, the same day Flo Rida performs at 8 p.m.
In addition, Braiden Sunshine and Chance Pena, teenaged pop and folk-rock singers who met via the TV show, “The Voice,” will also perform Friday, Aug. 26.
“With these announcements, our lineup for Chevy Court is now complete,” Waffner stated. “Our goal was to present the greatest and most diverse lineup of talent in Chevy Court history, and I believe we’ve done it. We’ve invested more than ever in our lineup, and I know this will be a year of shows people will remember for a long, long time.”
The full lineup for the fair’s 23 free shows in Chevy Court will be as follows:
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Aug. 25, at 2 p.m.;
- Kesha, Aug. 25, at 8 p.m.;
- Sunshine and Pena, Aug 26, at 2 p.m.;
- Toto, Aug. 26, at 8 p.m.;
- MAGIC!, Aug. 27, at 2 p.m.;
- Dashboard Confessional, Aug. 27, at 8 p.m.;
- Air Supply, Aug. 28, at 2 p.m.;
- Bruce Hornsby and The Noisemakers, Aug. 28, at 8 p.m.;
- Herman’s Hermits, Aug. 29, at 2 p.m.;
- Brian Wilson presents “Pet Sounds” – Celebrating the 50th Anniversary with special guests Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin, Aug. 29, at 8 p.m.;
- Survivor, Aug. 30, at 2 p.m.;
- The Commodores, Aug. 30, at 8 p.m.;
- Macy Gray, Aug. 31, at 2 p.m.;
- Three Days Grace, Aug. 31, at 8 p.m.;
- Natalie La Rose, Sept. 1, at 2 p.m.;
- Flo Rida, Sept. 1, at 8 p.m.;
- A Tribe Called Red, Sept. 2, at 2 p.m.;
- Culture Club, Sept. 2, at 8 p.m.;
- X Ambassadors, Sept. 3, at 2 p.m.;
- Rachel Platten with A Great Big World, Sept. 3, at 8 p.m.;
- Robert Cray, Sept. 4, at 2 p.m.;
- Daughtry, Sept. 4, at 8 p.m.;
- and Chicago, Sept. 5, at 6 p.m.
Visit http://nysfair.ny.gov/ for additional information regarding the shows.