Among the new officers will be Deputy Chief of Fire Elton Davis, who will helm the Fire Prevention Bureau, and will be the highest-ranking African-American in the history of the Syracuse Fire Department.
“These firefighters represent the best and brightest of our department, and I am pleased to promote them to their new ranks,” Mayor Miner stated. “Their hard work and dedication to this difficult work is a testament to their commitment to the people of the city of Syracuse. We owe our firefighters great thanks every day for keeping our city safe.”
“I was pleased to offer these names to Mayor Miner for promotion consideration, because they represent strong leaders who will help move our department forward,” Fire Chief Paul Linnertz added. “I congratulate them on this milestone, and look forward to working with them in their new capacities.”
The full list of the newly-promoted officers is below.
- Deputy Chief of Fire Elton Davis
- District Chief Steven McLaughlin Jr.
- District Chief George Cowburn
- Captain Richard Kisselstein
- Captain Richard Ottaviano
- Captain Michael Radford
- Lieutenant James Balintfy
- Lieutenant Brian Henderson
- Lieutenant Gene Johnson
- Lieutenant Cashmier Kotlarz III
- Lieutenant Edward Lehmann III
- Lieutenant Daniel Orr