Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (WISE) has announced it will hold its 13th Annual WISE Symposium Tuesday, April 21, at the Carrier Dome, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., according to a press release.
Wise officials said the conference will feature a full day of activities, speakers and networking opportunities, and they expect 1,000 people to attend.
“The WISE Symposium is an amazing event to foster new connections and to inspire women—including entrepreneurs, community supporters, business leaders, and anyone interested in innovation,” said Lindsay Wickham, events and communications manager for the symposium. “This continues at the WISE Women’s Business Center, which supports the growth and success of passionate individuals, and entrepreneurs, throughout the year.”
The cost is $100 for an all-inclusive full conference ticket, and registration for full-time students will be $20.
According to officials, Maria Contreras-Sweet, who became the 24th administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration and a member of President Barack Obama’s Cabinet in 2014, will be the morning keynote speaker for the program.
In addition, Contreras-Sweet’s presentation, “The State of Women Entrepreneurs,” will aim to “encourage and inspire attendees to follow their entrepreneurial dreams.”
Tory Johnson will deliver the afternoon keynote address, according to the press release, titled “Make the Shift: How to Change Your Mind to Get What You Want,” in which she’ll unveil her entrepreneurial journey, and how she made the shift from employee to entrepreneur, building two multi-million dollar career-focused businesses: “Women for Hire” and “Spark and Hustle.”
Officials also said Syracuse University Chancellor Kent Syverud will be a featured speaker at the event, and will discuss his vision of entrepreneurship, “from campus to community and beyond.”
Additionally, the press release said other 2015 WISE Symposium speakers will include:
- Shanti Das, also known as the “Hip Hop Professional,” an accomplished music marketing industry executive; consultant; mentor; entrepreneur; philanthropist; author; and radio co-host.
- Sandra Gault, founder of True Gault, a high-tech endeavor, which uses 3D measuring technology to create a custom pair of high heels for each individual foot.
- Jamila Payne, founder of Soul Purpose Company, an online magazine, and community for high-achieving entrepreneurs and career women who believe they can have a thriving life and career.
- Ritu Bhasin, people strategist, diversity specialist, and founder/principal of Bhasin Consulting Inc.
- Local women entrepreneurs, and business/leadership experts, who will share their experiences, challenges and insights on a variety of topics.
Other program highlights will include an interactive business expo; networking with delegates and exhibitors; breakout sessions on special topics; a digital media lounge; on-site WISE Women’s Business Center counseling sessions; a WISE Latinas roundtable; WISE Veterans resources, and a pre-symposium training seminar titled, “Marketing Bootcamp,” which will be offered by Soul Purpose Company.
According to the press release, “WISE fosters the pursuit of entrepreneurial opportunities of women from all walks of life, and sponsors events to promote entrepreneurial thinking among women in the Central New York region.”
Click here to register, or for additional ticket options.